Thursday, January 2, 2014

Pixar Films

January 1st has come and gone, and the clock is counting down to Disney! I hope everyone rang in the New Year doing something wonderful with people they love.

Number 18: Favorite Pixar film
Easy easy easy. Cars. I think half of why Disney/Pixar movies are good, and why people still like to watch them when they get older is because Disney understands that you have to entertain the parents too. So Disney and Pixar do a really good job layering the humor in their movies, so that kids find a certain part funny for the obvious layer of humor geared towards them, and at the same time the parent finds that same part funny because there's another layer of humor underneath. When I was starting to get old enough to understand the underlying, more adult jokes was about when movies like Madagascar and Cars came out. Come on. You can't tell me this doesn't make you want to wet yourself laughing. Anyway. Apart from the layered humor, Cars is my favorite because it's a super sweet movie. At the beginning of the movie, Lighting McQueen is this big hotshot, too good for friends, too good for normal people. Radiator Springs kinda knocks him down a few pegs, and teaches him that it's ok to go slow and enjoy things. He makes a best friend, finds love, and learns a whole lot about life on the way. It's just a really cute movie.


Number 19: Least favorite Pixar film
OOOOOOOh God. By far, my least favorite Pixar film is Wall-E. I didn't even get all the way through it before I had decided it was my least favorite Pixar movie. It was just stupid. The first half of that movie was just Wall-E saying "Eva" and Eva saying "Wall-E", and the second half is about people who can't walk because the bones in their feet are going away? Seriously, I can't figure out how Disney and Pixar messed that one up. Maybe I just don't get it, I get how the concept could be cute, but I just couldn't get into it.

What are your favorites and least favorites?


No comments:

Post a Comment