Thursday, January 2, 2014

Seeing White

Well, guys. Snow is falling in Asheville, and while my siblings who would love not to have school tomorrow are getting excited, my Flordia-bound butt is hating every second of it. The good news is, I'm heading for sunshine and 70 degree weather in T-2 days. Guess who has barely thought about packing. This kid. So, that's what I'll be doing with my next two days if anyone needs me.

Number 20: Favorite sequel
I'm just going to climb up here on my soap box for just a minute. This is a tough one for me because as a rule, I don't really like sequels. That's not just for Disney movies, it's for any movie or studio. (Unless it's based on a book series. Then it's acceptable.) I generally feel like they're just a company trying to squeeze money out of a box office hit. For example. I love Cars. I talked about that yesterday. But Cars 2, and Planes, and the cartoons? Totally not necessary. I just now looked online and saw that there are not two, but THREE Cinderella movies. The princess married the prince and lived happily ever after. What more do we need to know? Anyway. Getting off my box. My favorite sequel is probably Pocahontas 2: Journey to a New World. Firstly, because it's one of the only ones I've seen, and secondly because it continues the story Pocahontas started without having to pull (too much) crap out of the air.



Number 21: Overrated movie
This one is also tough, because most of the time Disney movies actually do live up to the hype. I think on this one, I'm going to have to go Lion King. Sorry, sorry, I know this is most people's FAVORITE MOVIE EVER and it has a pretty good soundtrack, but seriously, three movies, one of which is just the first movie with Timon and Pumba narrating it, a TV series, a Broadway show, can we not just leave a classic alone? Anyway. I actually can't even really remember the plot of The Lion King. It was just never one of those movies I wanted to watch over and over and over. But, like I said, it's some people's absolute favorite, so keep in mind that this is just my humble opinion.


As of right now, the ground is sufficiently covered with snow and Jack and Lana are pretty convinced they're not going to school tomorrow. Sunday can not get here fast enough.


3 comments:

  1. My favorite movie is one you find overrated, and your favorite movie is one that I find overrated :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welp. Lol. I guess if we were too similar people would start thinking we were the same person.

      Delete
  2. Sorry Gussie, I too, agree with Sydney. It was actually the first movie Colby watched that the reality of death was acknowledged. That and the moment he realized Dorothy was not in Kansas are two great memories I have of his childhood.

    ReplyDelete