Sunday, January 12, 2014

Magic Kingdom

Hi All. yesterday was a busy busy day. Fun, but busy. Yesterday was our Traditions class, which was basically just a training class. You know, safety first, put on a good show, look professional, create magic, all that good stuff. We got on a bus at 6:45 yesterday morning, but I got up about 6, because we had to be dressed professionally. Anyway, Rachel Kay and Katie and I went and got on a bus and headed over to Disney University for our first official day as cast members. We got our ID's, and went through all the training stuff, learned the four keys of a good show at Disney, and, lucky us, we even got to go to Magic Kingdom to look for the four keys. How lucky am I? I get to go to Magic Kingdom and call it work. Anyway, to wrap up the day, Mickey Mouse came over to Disney University and handed out all our nametags. I'm official, y'all!



So, of course, in celebration of getting our official ID's, Katie, my new friend Jillian and I piled in the car, dropped the top, and headed on over to do Magic Kingdom for real. Jillian hadn't ever been to Disney before, so it was fun to go see everything through new eyes.

(notice the photobomber between me and Jillian)
We got there about 3:30, which was very strange because every time I've ever been to Disney we've been there right at rope drop. It was a whole new world to think "Hey, I don't have to run through the park today. I can take my time and do what I want, because I can come in every single day if I want to." Anyway, we walked through the new Fantasyland and went into Gaston's tavern, which was super cute.


We made our way to Fronteirland and did the Haunted Mansion, unfortunately Big Thunder Mountain and Splash Mountain were closed when we walked through, but we got in line for Pirates of the Caribbean just as it was opening back up.


We got on the Jungle Cruise just as it got dark, and, here's a fun fact I learned. The plane that's crashed on the riverbank on the Jungle Cruise? The front half of that plane is the one on The Great Movie Ride in Hollywood Studios. Efficiency. So, it was sprinkling when we got off Jungle Cruise, which cleared out the park a little bit, but not enough to make a whole lot of a difference. Tomorrowland was next, we watched the Laugh Floor and did Buzz Lightyear.


I managed a whopping 4,000 points even though the ride stopped while I was directly in front of a target. I am an excellent shot, after all. Haha. Just kidding. Jillian was in the 50,000 range and it was her first time. When we left Buzz Lightyear it was pouring rain, so we took our shoes off and sprinted for Space Mountain. Awesome as ever, and we got out just as it quit raining, and just in time to get a good seat for Wishes. Unfortunately, Tink didn't fly because of the rain, but the rest of the show was wonderful.


We got ourselves some Disney fries, and then beat the crowds out. Our great escape might just have been funniest part of the night. We barely got onto the monorail, but managed to be the first ones off. Jillian is my kind of girl, because she's not afraid to squeeze through the crowd. We were getting off the monorail just as the tram was pulling up, so we sprinted for the tram, and got on just before it pulled away. An adorable teeny little Tinkerbell was sitting next to us, so it made up for the fact that the real Tink didn't fly.

Today I have off, so I'm going to go get some shoes for work and possibly go to Epcot later on. This is a wonderful life, really. Getting to go to Disney just because I can. Ok. I'm hopping off here, I'm going to get some lunch, and get ready for my day. Have a magical one, guys.


No comments:

Post a Comment