Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Disney Boardwalk


It's Tuesday afternoon, I've just dropped Jen off at the airport, and I am back in my hotel getting myself dressed for the day. We whined and complained about the breezy 44 degree weather on the way to the airport until we called my mom and found out Asheville was a whopping 4 degrees today... Thank the lord for Florida, because I think if I was at school right now, I wouldn't have gone to a single class today. I would have sat in my bed with the heat blasting and pretended I was somewhere tropical. Before I get too crazy with the rest of my day though, here's what we got into last night.

After I posted yesterday, we got ourselves up and decided to explore Disney Boardwalk. Neither of us had been before, so it was an all new adventure. We got there about 7, and at first thought that maybe we weren't allowed to go in unless we were staying in the hotel, but lucky for us, we were allowed to just go walk around.


Disney Boardwalk, for those of you that haven't been, is a cute little boardwalk set in the 1930's. There was a little general store, several restaurants, and a dance hall that unfortunately was 21 and up last night. There are several ferries that run between the sides of the boardwalk, the different Disney parks, and a few of the hotels.


 We kept walking around the loop and found an absolutely adorable beach, that I will definitely be frequenting when it starts to get a tad warmer.


 


 


We found this cute little boardwalk sign, and since it was way too cold for normal people to be outside walking on a breezy boardwalk, we had to set the timer on my camera and take the pictures ourselves.



We watched EPCOT's 9:00 fireworks from the boardwalk, and then headed out to find some dinner. We found an IHOP on the road where we're staying where we had a decent meal with the absolute worst service ever. We walked into this restaurant and waited a few minutes for someone to seat us. There were probably three other tables in the restaurant and two servers, the woman who seated us and a man whose nametag said "Fancy" but was The whole thing just went downhill from there, but I won't bore you with the story. The moral of the story is, Steve/Fancy couldn't handle his four tables, and I feel sorry for the guy's poor tables during the dinner rush.

We made it back to the hotel after some adventuring and went to bed.

This morning we were lucky enough not to be awoken by a fire alarm, so we took our time getting dressed and eating breakfast and before we knew it, we were off to the airport. I dropped Jen off at the gate and headed back to the hotel. I've been hanging out for the last little bit, and here in a minute I'm going to head back to the airport to pick up my roommate, Lindsey. Tonight I think we're going to try to head to Downtown Disney and have lunch with another one of our roommates, Rachel, and then tomorrow morning is check in! I'll keep you updated, and since I'm running out of time to head to the airport, I'll do the last three on my countdown either later tonight or tomorrow.

Ok. I've edited this so my pictures are here. Enjoy :)


No comments:

Post a Comment