Monday, January 6, 2014

Sunshine State of Mind

I know I've slacked the last few days, but Jen and I have made it to Florida, and here are the pictures to prove it!
 
 
We left Asheville about 9 yesterday morning, drove all day and got to Orlando about 6 last night.


Notice Bean in the background making wonderful faces
 

 
The hotel we're staying in we've stayed in before when we came to Disney. The last time we stayed here, one of the heating units caused the fire alarm to go off and we sat in the parking lot waiting on the fire department. When we checked in, we joked around about not turning on the heat and how we couldn't do anything to make the fire alarm go off. We cleaned ourselves up and gallivanted around downtown Disney for a little while, found a buffalo wild wings for dinner, and then came back to the hotel and promptly fell asleep.

 
9:30 this morning, guess what. The fire alarm goes off. What are the chances? We get up, truck ourselves outside in our pajamas and wait until the alarm quits, truck back inside and get dressed. Today, we drove around Orlando



 
 we found the apartment complex that I'm (hopefully) living in

 
 and where I'm supposed to check in on Wednesday. We discovered that there's a big outlet mall a hundred yards from the complexes, which is going to be very very dangerous. Anyway. We walked around the shopping mall until about 4, got some late lunch, and now we're sitting in our hotel watching a movie for a little while. Later on, we're planning on going to Disney Boardwalk to find some dinner, and see what else Orlando has going on.
 
Here are my countdowns for the last few days.
 
Number 22: Underrated movie
Disney doesn't make a whole lot of underrated movies, I don't think. Disney movies are pretty hugely hyped up, and that's great. Disney starts the hype, then they release a great movie, and then the fans do the rest. Let me see. Underrated movies. As far as classics go, I'm going to have to say Peter Pan. Tinkerbell herself is pretty hyped up, but the movie Peter Pan itself is really great, and kind of forgotten.


Number 23: Movie that makes you laugh
I already kind of mentioned this movie in passing in an earlier post, but Madagascar never fails to make me laugh hysterically. It's just such a funny movie on so many different levels. It's a cute plot, and it's just a funny movie with a funny cast. If you haven't seen it, you should definitely find it, because it's worth the hour and a half. I started looking for clips to post, but I really couldn't pick, so if you'd like, youtube Madagascar highlights, or watch it on Netflix.


Number 24: Movie that makes you cry
I know I've already used Up, but no movie makes me cry like that one. I've always said that movies don't really make me cry like books do, but that movie had me in tears ten minutes in. I dare you to watch that movie and not cry. Seriously. Leave a comment if you can do this. I bet you can't.


Number 25: Favorite scene from your favorite movie
So, I've already talked about how Cars is one of my favorite movies. I'm sorry for the quality of this clip, and I wish I could find the whole scene, but I guess this will have to do. If you want to save thirty seconds, here's the gist of the scene. Lightning McQueen and Mater are talking about how Lightning is going to take Mater on a helicopter ride, and Mater drops the best line ever on Lighting.
Mater: "I knowed I made a good choice"
Lightning: "In what?"
Mater: "My best friend"
AWWWWWWW. Tell me you didn't want to just eat Mater up right then and there.


Number 26: Saddest death
Ok ok. I JUST talked about this, but Ellie in Up is the saddest death I think. It makes me bawl like a baby. It isn't exactly her death that's so sad, it's the love story that they build leading up to it, and the stupid scrapbook that make me absolutely bawl. This is a long clip, but it's worth it.
 
Number 27: Favorite quote
I have a lot of Disney quotes I like a lot, but I think my favorite right now is "Take it from an old spectator. Life’s not a spectator sport. If watchin’ is all you’re gonna do, then you’re gonna watch your life go by without ya." ~Laverne, The Hunchback of Notre Dame. Seriously, that's kinda the truth about life. That's kind of how I've been feeling about a lot of things lately, I'm twenty years old, I'm going to start doing stuff. That's what this internship is kicking off for me. Playing the sport. Doing things that one day when I'm sitting in my rocking chair telling my grandkids stories I'll have to pull out the photo album to prove I did.
 
So, I think I'm caught up. I'll post more pictures and adventure stories tomorrow. I hope everyone has a magical evening!


No comments:

Post a Comment