Wednesday, December 25, 2013

Merry Christmas to All

Merry Christmas, everyone. I hope Santa found you, and you got everything you wanted. I'm writing this ahead of time because I know I won't have time during the day, so I can't report yet on the state of the Camille Christmas, but I'll let you know tomorrow. Since I chose Christmas Eve to start my countdown, I suppose I can't disappoint by missing the very second day, so here goes numbers three and four on my countdown list, my favorite heroine, and my favorite prince.

Number 3: Favorite Heroine
This is a toss up. Belle has long been one of my favorite heroines. Heck, my car is named Belle. I guess she technically becomes a princess in the end, but to become that princess, she has to be a heroine first and foremost. She's a smart girl, always has her head in a book. She doesn't feel pressured to find her Prince Charming or get hitched, even though Gaston is very persistent. And muscular. She's loyal and loving toward her father, and later, toward the Beast. She isn't the typical princess. She's the hero of her own story. She rescues her dude in distress from himself and from the village. She's a beautiful and dainty damsel, but there's nothing fragile or distressed about her.

The other option here is Mulan. Because, let's face it, she's kinda a badass (sorry mom). "She stole her father's armor, ran away from home, impersonated a soldier, deceived her commanding officer, dishonored the Chinese Army, destroyed the Emperor's  palace, and... she has saved them all." She completely obliterated typical gender roles, she's smart and bold and brilliant, and, best of all, she showed up the entire army of guys. Really, what girl doesn't want to work in a male-dominated field and be the best in the group? Mulan is the definition of a heroine, and one of my favorite Disney characters.


Number 4: Favorite Prince
My favorite prince has to be Prince Eric from The Little Mermaid. He's really the most involved Disney Prince. The rest of them kind of swoop in, "save" the girl after she's already gone through the whole movie without them, and they live happily ever after. Eric actually seems like a good boyfriend. He takes the time to get to know Ariel, even though she's not perfect at first glance. He cares that she's happy, and he wants to do everything he can to make sure the girl of his dreams doesn't slip through his fingers. He's interested in more than a pretty face to be his arm candy. As much as I do love Prince Charming, he falls in love with a beautiful girl at a ball. He's seen her once, he couldn't have had much conversation because who can hear over the music and people begging for your attention? Prince Eric falls in love with Ariel's voice, and then, after realizing the girl he met doesn't have a voice, falls in love with her personality anyway and gets the voice later on as a bonus. That's the kind of guy every girl wants, right? The one who takes the time to get to know you and fall in love with every bit of you, even if the most beautiful parts take a little digging to get to.
 
 
Leave your favorite heroines and princes in the comments!
A Magical, Merry Christmas day to all you princesses, princes, heroes and heroines.

2 comments:

  1. I love this :) I concur with your comment: we DEFINITELY should be best friends! I almost chose Prince Eric for my favorite prince but ultimately went with Aladdin. Eric is definitely my runner-up :) What role are you for the DCP again?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And I almost went with Aladdin. I'm a character performer. You?

      Delete