Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Counting Down

     First of all, Merry Christmas to everyone. I hope Santa finds you all well. Secondly, today marks exactly 14 days until my Disney adventure begins. As of yesterday, I have signed up for my apartment, and chosen three lovely roommates. Last night, we booked a flight for Jennifer to fly back to Asheville, since she'll be helping me drive down, and all that's left to do is pack. To help count down the days, I found a 30 Days of Disney countdown on Pinterest. Since I have 14 days instead of 30, I'll be doubling up.

30 Days of Disney
 
  1. Favorite character
  2. Favorite princess
  3. Favorite heroine
  4. Favorite prince
  5. Favorite hero
  6. Favorite animal
  7. Favorite sidekick
  8. Favorite villain
  9. Favorite original character
  10. Favorite song
  11. Favorite love song
  12. Favorite villain song
  13. Least favorite song
  14. Favorite kiss
  15. First movie you saw
  16. Favorite classic
  17. Least favorite classic
  18. Favorite Pixar film
  19. Least favorite Pixar film
  20. Favorite sequel
  21. Overrated movie
  22. Underrated movie
  23. Movie that makes you laugh
  24. Movie that makes you cry
  25. Favorite scene from your favorite movie
  26. Saddest death
  27. Favorite quote
  28. Favorite theme park
  29. Favorite theme attraction
  30. Favorite theme park show
 
Number 1. My favorite character.
This one is super easy. Tink. I love tinkerbell. For those of you who don't know, at Disney as a character performer, you are never THE character. You are always FRIENDS WITH the character. But to be friends with the character, you have to fall in their height range. For me, there are over 70 fur characters whose heights I match. The only face characters I could possibly be friends with are Tinkerbell, Wendy, Alice, and the other pixies from Pixie Hollow. As happy as I am to be in the Minnie and Mickey height range, I would die of happiness to get to be friends with Tink, even for a night. Unfortunately, I am not the pale-skinned, blonde beauty that Tink is, so my chances are probably slim. Anyway, Tink is my favorite because she's such a sassy, outgoing, complicated character. She tells Peter exactly what she thinks and when Wendy gets in the way, she tells her too. She's like one of those itty bitty dogs that thinks it's a tiger. She can't hurt anyone too badly, but she's sure going to make you think she can. Tink is in charge of all the lost boys and keeps them in line pretty well for someone who couldn't be more than six inches tall. She's sassy and spunky, but inside, I think she's a big softie. She loves Peter and the lost boys, and deep down she loves Wendy, John and Michael too. She'll do anything to keep them safe and help them in anything they do.
 

 
Number 2. Favorite Princess
Again, super easy. Cinderella. Not just because my family and I are Gus, Jack, and Cindy, but because Cinderella is proof that a shoe can change your life. But Prince Charming finding the shoe doesn't hurt, either. Also, I recently learned that Walt Disney's favorite piece of animation was Cinderella's transformation from her torn dress to her ballgown, and that's pretty cool. I never really thought about it as a kid, but watching that clip now, I realize how truly amazing that transformation really is, considering Cinderella was completely hand drawn. Here's a link, in case you haven't seen Cinderella in a while. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9pph-ayIrOk
 
 
 
And so, the adventure draws closer. Stay tuned for more of my favorites, and feel free to share yours in the comments!
 
Have a Magical Christmas, everyone!


2 comments:

  1. :) You and I are checking in on the same day and we're doing the exact same Disney challenge! So fun! :)

    ReplyDelete